Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Delicious Quilty Goodness


I seriously love how Piper's quilt turned out!
Not too bad for my first real quilt. I tried to make one for Elliett when she was born but I was too chicken to do it by myself so my Mom ended up doing 90% of it and it turned out beautifully of course. The only bad thing about this quilt is that now I want to make a big one for myself and let me tell you - quilting is not cheap. You'd think it would be. What's a little fabric and thread? Well it adds up in a big hurry so now I'm totally hooked and thinking of things I can sell so I can buy more fabric. :)





In different news, Piper has found her thumb! My Mom and my Grandma would tell me what a bad thing it is but I say yippee! Not only is it cute but now she's content to sit in her bouncy chair for more than two minutes so I can actually catch up on silly things like vacuuming and organizing.

7 comments:

Amy said...

love the quilt. I have yet to take up quilting but have always wanted to, you are inspiring me to see what I can do.

Jade said...

Your craftiness puts me to shame. Would you kindly post a picture of your dirty dishes in the kitchen sink or a corner cluttered with unpaid bills or something ... ANYTHING to make me feel better. ;-)

Brandon and Brittany said...

I love the quilt. It's beautiful. Where did you get the fabric?

This is me said...

I say YAY for thumb-sucking! Lauren sucked her thumb and our pediatrician said she preferred it over a pacifier. She was the happiest little baby and I never had to do the binky hunt while my cranky child waited for me to find and wash it.
Then, when she was 9 months old, she just stopped. All on her own. It was fabulous and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

cornter said...

I don't usually read other peoples comments but for some reason I did today and I have to agree with Amy and Ben & Jade - so next blog we want to see a little dirt -hahahah. You are truly amazing - that is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your talent with us all, and of course the real reason - your pics of your adorable little ones. Keep up the Great job and don't let us sway you from top performance in all you do - your light lets others shine bright too.

krystal said...

I'm right there with you Monica, quilting is so addicting. I would sell most anything to buy fabric and start a new quilt.
I really like Piper's quilt, it's beautiful. When I looked at the link that showed me her quilt it was cute but this one looks better, even if it is the same one as online. I love it and I want one for a daughter, which I also want someday.

Anonymous said...

beautiful quilt! and beautiful girl!