Friday, November 14, 2008

My Angels

I made a promise to myself that I would read the General Conference Ensign from cover to cover before Christmas this year. I'm ashamed to say that I've never read an entire Conference issue before but this time I'm armed with my highlighter which has helped me pay much closer attention to the talks. So this morning I was reading Elder Holland's talk, The Ministry of Angels, and I read this, "When we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with -- here, now, every day...God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges we face." I literally had to fight back the tears as I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for all the angels who have been sent to me during difficult times in my life.

Rob has been and will forever be my angel. Yes, I realize how cheesy that sounds and he'll give me a hard time about this when he reads it but it is the absolute truth. He as been there for me since I met him in 1996. He is the most amazing, loving, patient, understanding person I know and I'm am so blessed to call him my husband and best friend.

I know for certain that I was sent to my Mom & Dad's home because they were to be the angels to teach me, guide me, and love me for who I am. I know I was far from the easiest teenager to live with but they dealt with me gracefully and kindly and I will forever be grateful to them.

My Aunt Mary Jo has always held a special place in my heart because she and her family opened their home to me when I needed a change of scenery after I got home from my mission. I was going through a difficult transition in life and Mary Jo was completely unselfish with her time and her love as we spent many late nights talking about huge life decisions.

My amazing mission companion Bri (Hermana Phillips) will always be my angel who not only taught me how to be a missionary but who taught me how to love others for who they are. She taught me that there are always blessings to be found in trials and that our Heavely Father is continually watching over us. I'm hoping that we will live closer someday because I want my kids to know and love her like I do.

I literally could go on and on about all the angels I have had in my life. I have been blessed to know so many kind, wonderful, and caring people.

2 comments:

Amy said...

YAY! You are blogging! I am so excited. I am not super good at the blogging thing but I love to keep in touch through it.

Bri!!! said...

Oh Hermana, you made me cry. You are so sweet. I can't believe I didn't read this until now. I don't know if my blogger updated it when you wrote it. It doesn't matter, because I read it today, and it meant so much to hear this. I SO FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT YOU! Seriously, you were an angel to many on our mission. I just remembered Jesse calling you his angel:-). Thank you for your sweet words, and I LOVE that Pal is your angel. You deserve to be adored, and he is amazing. I too hope we can live closer together when we are all settled into life. You will always hold a special place in my heart that no one has. Again thank you, and may God be with us till we meet again.

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Phillips!